Monday, January 16, 2012

I apologize for my absence.  My past few days have been full of great friends and amazing family.  I truly cherish all the time that I can spend with my loved ones.  You never know when it could be the last...you just never know.  I've been talking to Jay the past few days, reminding him that I am in control not him.  I am not my thoughts, I am not my wants, I am not my material possessions, I am Jordan.  We've been preparing for the upcoming semester that I am about to embark on, a semester that includes my final season of baseball.

I consider it a huge honor to have the opportunity to be a college athlete.  I have never been this prepared mentally or physically for a baseball season in my life.  It wasn't easy though...I made multiple sacrifices...lost a few friends...told a few young ladies to back off...I'm just listening to the voice of my inner soul!

When I started listening to my own inner being, that's when my life started to change...somehow, it already knows exactly what you are supposed to be doing.  Your conscience speaks to you on a daily basis...it's your decision whether to listen to it or not.  I'd be willing to bet that a lot of my suffering and pain came from my inability to listen to my own heart and my own mind...from listening to other human beings opinions for my own path of life...allowing others to make decisions for myself.  If you haven't tried it before, I recommend giving yourself 24 hours of doing exactly what YOU want/need to do.  24 hours of accomplishing YOUR goals...no one else's...not your girlfriend or boyfriend's, not your parent's, not your sibling's, not your best friend's...give your inner voice a chance to show you exactly what it has been trying to tell you for the longest time.

Today is a special day because it celebrates the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  Dr. King was an iconic difference maker, he risked his life on a daily basis to FIGHT for his beliefs and values...Dr. King was much more like a lion then the pussycat that History books like to describe him as.

The reason I bring that up is sometimes in order to accomplish something greater than yourself, YOU MUST FIGHT.  You must risk your life on a daily basis, take on all challengers, and most importantly  you must WIN.  You have two choices in life; you can WIN or you can WHINE...which one will you choose? 

I am a sufferer...yet I am a fighter and a champion...and so are you.

We battled through another weekend and we live to see another week...what beauty will you find in the upcoming days?  Where will you find peace in the next 48 hours?  I'm excited to see what life has in store for Jordan and Jay this upcoming week.

I'm excited to live.

Remember,
When you have no one else, you have me...

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts or feelings.